Friday, May 05, 2006

Update

I checked our blog today. I do not know why there is a fairy on it??? I figured since I have a little time today I would try this whole thing out. As you can tell, Kerri does most of the blogging. Today was an OK day. A few surgeries this AM. The total ankle we put in took around 3.5 hours. I'm not convinced I like the Agility total ankle implant, or any ankle implant for that matter. Knees and hips are much easier due to the predominantly axial load. The ankle joint is much more difficult secondary to the triplanar motion. The technology just doesn't exist yet. It really should be viewed as a salvage procedure only, one step better than an arthrodesis. Anyhow, didn't take pictures, wished I would've. Next time.
We are taking a small vacation next week. Heading to a cabin in the mountains. This will be a much needed break, hopefully the weather will cooperate. It's raining now. I am excited that my first year of residency is almost over, It has been pretty tough schedule wise. I think I will enjoy having a weekend again. Need to get back to my hobbies/sports. Anyhow, I think I'll add some pictures to spice up our blog, hopefully better than fairys.

3 comments:

Melinda Palmer said...

Also, I didn't understand many of the words you used to describe what it is exactly that you did today Kade, but hey, I'm just a little person right?? Have fun at the cabin!

Melinda Palmer said...

I just realized I spelt Cade wrong...my bad. Sorry!

Judy Taylor said...

Hey, I understood every word: Take care of your feet and ankles or Cade will cut them off! How much more clear can it be? I also understood the Easter part. If it gets too cool up in Colorado, come on down to AZ for a visit! Love.