Well it's Memorial Day weekend here... and of course Cade is on call, so we have to remain within 30 minutes of the hospital. The good news so far he has no patients in the hospital, so he hasn't actually had to go in. The even better news is that as of May 31st he will no longer have to take call. He will technically only work 5 days a week instead of 7. Needless to say we are both very excited.
Last night we didn't do much except relax. It was great after a busy week of work. I tell you, whoever thought it was a good idea to work 5 days a week should be shot. The change from my job in California has been hard. I thought I'd be used to it by now, but it wears me out.
Anyways, today we bought a bike for Cade. Last summer at a garage sale we bought a bike for me for $40.00. It was a steal. The only problem...I had no one to ride with. We tested out our bikes tonight and let me just say it wore me out. The area we live in has lots of trails and paths so it was fun to see more of the neighborhood. Hopefully, I get in better shape the more we go.
We also added a new sprinkler to our front yard today. We had a patch of grass that looked pretty sad from lack of water, so hopefully this will help. It's nice Cade is so handy. Next we just need to build our deck and we'll be done. After all the work we've done, we've decided it's probably good we have a small yard. A couple weeks back we planted some seeds in our vegtable garden and nothing happened, so we bought some small plants. Well this week all sorts of plants started popping up and now we have no idea what's what. It doesn't look very pretty, but hopefully we'll actually grow something we can eat. We also planted a section for Lola. We planted catnip and cat grass..she loves it. We'll try and add some pictures tomorrow.
Saturday, May 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That sounds like a garden I would grow. It's fun to see your pictures. You are both so cute.
Post a Comment