Friday, March 09, 2007

New addition





Well, we are pleased to announce the birth of our new baby boy. It all went down this A.M. I was in surgery at St. Lukes downtown when Kerri paged me. I had the nurse call back as I was scrubbed in a case. Kerri's instructions were to come home straight away as she had been in labor "since she woke up at 6:30 A.M." I came home and we went to her Dr.s' office and then straight to the hospital. She was 4 cm dilated at the hospital. The Dr. came by about an hour later and ruptured her membrane. About 1.5 hours after that she was dilated to 9 cm. She was quite the speed demon. 1 hour of pushing and that was it. The still unnamed baby was born at 3:25 P.M. Weighing in at 8lbs, 1 oz and 20 and 3/4 inches long. Mom and baby are healthy and doing well. Attached are a few photos. We'll talk to you all soon. Thanks.

2 comments:

Lara said...

Oh my gosh he is so cute. Thank you for posting the pictures Cade. He looks like Kerri to me. Nice work Christensens! We love you all. Give him a kiss for me.

Amy and Brad said...

He is so cute! I am so happy for you guys. I wish I was there to hold him. We love you!