Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I'ts My Lunchbreak and I'm Bored...

Well, I'm sitting here at work during my lunchbreak and I'm bored. It seems everyone went out for lunch and I brought mine, so here I am. We haven't blogged in awhile, but it seems our lives have been fairly dull. Haley and Brandon (Cade's sister and husband) had their baby last Tuesday. We got to see him about 10 minutes after he was born. Both Haley and Rowen were healthy, so everyone was grateful for that. We popped by and saw him last night, and he's really sweet. It's fun to actually live by one of our 12 nieces and nephews.

It was our 6th year anniversary last Friday the 23rd. I can't hardly believe we have been married that long. I guess if you start to look back at all the times we moved and all the differnt jobs I've had...it adds up. We didn't do anything too exciting. We went to the temple after work and then out to a Mexican resturant we really like. Cade did surprise me with flowers at work, so that was fun! Normally, the front lobby area of the office is completely empty except for me, but when Cade brought the flowers there were at least 5 of my co-workers up by my desk. I think it caught Cade off guard, but my co-workers thought it was cute.

Cade finishes his last rotation as a 1st year resident this Friday. We are glad he will finally be a second year resident. Life will be a lot less crazy for him. He's determined to, "take his life back". He's got his bike, so he'll be biking this summer and come winter he's going to get a ski pass. I fear I'll see even less of him with all of these sporting activities. Oh well, at least I know he'll be enjoying himself.

As for me, not much is new. Work is keeping me busy as usual and I'm really looking forward to our trip to Calgary/Windermere in July. I'm going to be up there for 10 days, so it should be a nice break. Cade only gets to come up for half the time, but that's the longest he's been able to go in a long time. He's never been to Windermere, so it will be fun to teach him how to ski, etc. I haven't worked on my painting lately. Cade keeps asking me when it's going to be finished, so I better get going. I think it's going to turn out, but we'll see.

Well...it's back to work for me. Sad. It's a beautiful day here, so it's hard to stay inside all day. Oh well, at least the day is half over and the long weekend is coming.

5 comments:

Melinda Palmer said...

Finally. I was so excited to go to your page and actually have something new there. I missed your Anniversary, sorry. But Happy Anniversary anyway! Hey, we just saw Superman Returns last night. GO SEE IT! It was awesome! Can't wait to see you up here too!

Lara said...

Hi Kerri, you should blog every lunch break. I missed your anniversary too. Happy Anniversary! Don't feel too bad though because I basically missed my own anniversary. Put a picture of Haley's baby on your blog.

Judy Taylor said...

Hi Kerri Lynn! Good to hear from you. I can't believe it's been 6 years since you got married. Remember when the crew went shopping for your wedding dress? I put a funny joke on my blog. At least, it made ME laugh!

Amy and Brad said...

Happy Anniversary Kerri. I'm sorry I missed it. I tried to call you tonight but you didn't answer. I'll try tomorrow. Love you.

The Swanks said...

wow, what a post, I was starting to think Id have to look at Cade's goofy mug at the beginning of your blog forever! Happy Anniversary, sorry we didnt even know. Rowen liked seeing you guys the other night, pop over more often on those Sonic runs!