Sunday, June 11, 2006

Chicago




I went to Chicago last weekend for the ACFAS Ankle arthroscopy course. It was a quick and tiring trip, but it was worth it because I didn't have to pay for it. The residency program covered all expenses. I stayed at the Marriott suites O'Hare, which was actually really nice. Kerri is a platinum rewards member with Marriott because of her work duties, so I got a few nice upgrades. Stayed out way too late on Saturday night with a few docs I know from Denver. Just now getting back to my normal sleep schedule. I'll add a few pictures of the course. Both days we used cadaver legs, but I didn't take any pictures of that because I didn't want my camera to get people on it. So, I'm only adding a few of me retrieving osteochondral fragments (corn kernels) from the fake ankle joints. Arthroscopy is actually a great tool--using a small camera that projects to a video screen and using small instrumentation through minimal incisions. Harder than it sounds though, but I feel a lot more confident now. I need to hone my skills with an Xbox or playstation, it improves hand eye coordination--It really is true, but I've never really been into that stuff. Anyhow, that was my trip.

2 comments:

Judy Taylor said...

Cade, you look so cute in your scrubs! I'd really have a problem if you were my podiatrist looking at my knobby, draining abcessed feet.

Melinda Palmer said...

Step it up Christensen's. People like me depend on your blog in order to know what is going on with you. Come on!