Sunday, January 14, 2007

This and That!

Where to begin. Well, we had a nice holiday break. We are very sick of the snow. It's been 4 weeks in a row that we've had a snow storm and this weekend it's about 5 degrees F. So it's really lovely weather wise. I wanted a White Christmas, but it feels like we are living in the north pole.

New Years was pretty uneventful since it was on a Sunday, but we managed to stay up until midnight to toast in the New Year. We had our friend Ben and his girlfriend staying with us, so it was fun to have company. Cade was actually able to make it up to mountains with them to go skiing, so I think he had a nice weekend. I stayed home and was pretty much snowed in, so I didn't really do anything.

Next...my birthday....25 again!!! Again it snowed and was cold, so going out wasn't very appealing. My friends at work bought me a cake and sang Happy Birthday, which was really nice of them. I had a doctors appointment at the end of the day, so at least I got to go home early. Cade and I managed to go out for dinner even with the nasty weather, so overall it was a good day.

Cade, his parents, & Haley and Brandon all left the next day to go to Utah. Cade's brothers (Trent and Broc) were both blessing their new additions (Paige and Ainsley). Cade took pictures, but I can't find the camera, so we'll have to post those later. I stayed home and went out to lunch with my friends from work. We went out for Mexican food and ended up staying and talking for about 4 hours. It was nice to have the company with Cade gone. After that, I ran some errands and it was back home to avoid the cold weather. I went to church on Sunday and I have to say... I hate 1:00 pm church. I know that's horrible, but it's so late. You wait all day to go to church and by the time you get home...it's time to wind down for the day. I also got my new primary class. I think it's a cute group of children, but it takes awhile to get them into a routine. Cade got home from Utah that evening and although he had a great time, I think he was tried from the quick trip.

Other news...we don't really have any. Cade is working with a vascular surgeon this month and has a very busy schedule, which he doesn't enjoy. Good thing he's only got about 2 weeks to go. I'm just keeping busy at work. My replacement seems to be a good fit and although it's weird to have someone doing your job, it was kind of nice to pass on some of my daily tasks to her.

Well..that's it for now. Happy Birthday to Melinda today!!! I hope you have a great day!

2 comments:

Amy and Brad said...

Kerri,
Brad keeps asking if I have made arrangements to come see you. I was thinking I should come when the baby is born for a few day. I will keep you posted. I hope it works out. I can't wait to see the new baby. Love you.

Melinda Palmer said...

Thanks for the birthday shout out!